Translate

Friday 14 June 2024

First Meeting with the Italian Local Organizing Committee

 


Meeting with the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) & SO Italia


Hello Team,

We had our first meeting with Special Olympics Italia and the LOC on Thursday, and it was an excellent meeting. The LOC and SO Italia shared with us their proposed schedule for the Final Leg and for a first try, we were very pleased. There are some tweaks to be made, but we are gearing for a spectacular, life-changing event for all of you. We will have another meeting with them before we meet next Thursday. 

Now, I'm not going to provide any spoilers here, but I am going to tease you and say that during our Zoom, we will not only share the tentative schedule, BUT share a combination of opportunities that have never been offered before. So, if I were in your shoes, I would do anything and everything I could to attend our Zoom meeting on Thursday.

OK, I have harped for months about the importance of being in good physical shape for the Final Leg. Please remember that we are going to be running at the base of, and likely into, the Italian Alps. That means we may have runs with inclines and declines. I would strongly recommend you add hill repeats into your training regimen. As I've said before, I want all of you to enjoy every single minute of this extraordinary opportunity.  

"We are the Guardians of the Flame,
Final Leg Torch Run is our name;
We carry that Torch, and we carry it high,
running with the Athletes by our side;
We carry that Torch all night and day,
Running that Flame to the Turin Games;
UP THE HILL,
DOWN THE HILL,
'ROUND THE HILL,
THROUGH THE HILL;
We are the Guardians of the Flame,
Final Leg Torch Run is our name"

I am also hoping to unveil our new Final Leg logo at our meeting. See everyone on Thursday!

Mark




No comments:

Post a Comment